Sunday, June 22, 2008

Off to Pearl Street Mall

Mario had Friday off last week so we took the day to go out and have some fun. We went to the pearl street mall in down town Boulder. It is like a combination of the 16th street mall, and walking through the main street in Estes Park. Tons and tons of hippie shops -- although you have to remember this is boulder we are talking about.
We spent the afternoon looking at the stores and the nick knacks. Although I enjoy the walking this isn't really my thing. I hate small objects designed to create clutter around the house. We did end up buying one thing. A KITE!!! I am super excited. I haven't flown a kite since I was little. And better yet the thing is huge - like 6 feet huge. So hopefully sometime this week on a day that Mario has off, we can go out and test this thing.
In the middle of the shopping area they had several small fountains. I let loose (I don’t do this often) and allowed for Mariah to get wet and go play in the water with the other kids. It was so funny to watch her, one fountain would pop up and she would run over and wait by it till the water came rushing up again.
We watched several street performers. Although we didn't get there early enough to see some of the really neat performers, there were lots of musicians. Gentleman playing guitars and flutes at the same time. It was a lot of fun to watch. They even had a baby grand piano brought out the center of the square, and had someone playing and singing. Lots of people gathered to sing along. Mariah enjoyed dancing to the music.
We also got word on the house that afternoon. The bank countered our offer, but it was still within our budget so we accepted. The inspection is set for Wednesday morning!!! I am so impatient and wish these next few days would go by a little more quickly. To celebrate we joined up with a friend and ventured off to the cheesecake factory. Jamie (my sister in law) raves about the place. I am not sure whether I ordered something that isn't so good or not, but I certainly wasn't impressed. So I figure I will give them another shot, but next time Jamie and Ryan are coming with, this way no error can be made regarding my food choice.


1 comment:

Steph said...

Hey!! I'm so glad to see you on here! We'll definitely have to go to the zoo sometime! Congrats on the house, btw!! Love ya!